Firefly Public Relations Agency providing PR Consultancy from Financials to Charities.
Who we are
For 25 years Firefly has established itself as an independent PR agency with a proven track record delivering great PR campaigns reaching business and consumer audiences.
With 40 people across offices in London (HQ), Edinburgh, Munich and Paris, and a network of quality partners across the rest of Europe, Americas, South Asia and Asia Pacific, Firefly offers the highest standards in international communications.
What we do
We have worked for a wide range of businesses and organisations at the heart of the modern economy, from global brands to start-ups and everything in between. Our history is the history of innovation and the issues affecting lifestyle, society, business and the economy. Our clients are the businesses and brands that have fuelled the modern economy’s success. Our client expertise spans business technology, the internet and telecoms, business and professional services, consumer technology, consumer brand and public sector.
Our PR expertise covers everything that you would typically expect from a professional PR agency, such traditional media relations, but we also offer all the essential digital ingredients such as buzz monitoring, social media engagement, blogging and issues management that apply to the modern PR world of today.
Firefly pioneers best practice thinking that redefines expectations of what is possible – no matter how challenging the market environment.
Looking for a Consultancy
Firefly understands building brand and reputation through excellent public relations practice. We also appreciate that no PR programme is worth implementing unless it is aligned closely to business goals and that is the basis of all our communications counsel.
“More than ever, it is critical that any investment in communications can deliver demonstrable and directly business-supporting results. That is the basis of our philosophy and promise to our clients.”
Claire Walker, CEO
Our client programmes are greatly respected in the industry, with regular CEO and communications dinners attracting speakers from national newspapers, the business press and major broadcasters. This gives our clients the chance to meet their peers in the industry, creating new contacts that can make all the difference. Our clients frequently collaborate with each other, forging strategic partnerships that might not otherwise have been made.
Meet the Management Team
Firefly’s reputation rests upon the excellence of its people, spearheaded by a dynamic management team with more than 60 years of communications experience combined.
Firefly is led by its founder and chief executive Claire Walker. Each office has its own regional manager.
Working at Firefly
Firefly’s past success is based on people like you, and its future growth will be too, which is why we offer one of the best working environments in the industry. Indeed, Firefly was the first communications consultancy to be accredited for its HR policies by Investors In People, which it has continued to retain. We take a progressive, flexible approach to work and offer a range of programmes to stimulate and support staff….
Subscribe to our newsletter
For 20 years Firefly has played a pivotal role in helping launch and build many leading consumer and business brands, particularly in the field of innovation. Among Firefly’s milestones and achievements for the agency and its clients are:
- Trended globally on Twitter for shopping tips by Give as you Live.
- Launched Scotland’s first online legal service, Login2Law for Thorntons Law.
- Launched online conversations service via FireTalk and SEO for PR via FireSeeker.
- Motivating the nation to raise £1.25bn annually with the Give as you Live online shopping technology.
- Raised the profile of workplace mediation for the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution with ‘Tough Talk’ campaign.
- Galvanized the European reseller community as part of Xerox’s renewed channel PR efforts.
- Launched first-of-its-kind consumer PR and social media campaign for Crucial.com around PC owners’ “four-year-itch”.
2005 – 2010
- Launch Freesat digital satellite services to the UK. Help bebo.com become known as the safest social network.
- Stage a private gig with Lily Allen to launch LG’s new TV range, support LG Freeze the first snowboard and music festival in London.
- Launch Virgin Health Bank stem cell banking service for Sir Richard Branson, create an ice kitchen to launch LG’s new ‘cool’ white goods range.
- 5 years running ranked in Top 100 Best Small Companies to Work For by The Sunday Times.
- Manage merger mania communications with Macromedia into Adobe, Intentia into Lawson, Xansa into Steria.
- Run the Google press office, launch Google Earth and Google Talk to the UK market.
- Launch the iconic RAZR mobile phone for Motorola, stage Vivienne Westwood and Matthew Williamson Motorola fashion design icon campaigns.
- Launch consumer brand division helping Casio sell their billionth calculator, put dyslexia on the teacher training agenda for Xtraordinary People.
- Win clients Activision, Harvey Nash, Royal Haskoning, Casio, LG, Freesat, Lexar, bebo.com.
2000 – 2005
- Win PR Week Consultancy of the Year and Best Consumer Relations, IPR Excellence awards.
- Help 3M celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Post-it Note with Miniature Masterpieces.
- Win Marketing to Consumers award, PR Week. Commended for Best Corporate Communications award, PR Week.
- Create first viral marketing campaign for Yell.com and establish dotmusic as UK’s No.1 music website.
- Open Firefly Munich and Firefly Paris offices.
- Promote Compaq’s sponsorship of Williams F1 and manage Avaya’s sponsorship of the FIFA World Cup.
- Unveil first tablet pc for HP and launch quest for a smallpox cure with Accelrys, IBM and Oxford University.
- Launch Hutchison 3G, the UK’s first 3G mobile player, and establish Pace as leading digital set-top box consumer brand.
- Shortlisted for PRCA’s best integrated campaign, best technology campaign, best financial campaign, best people development.
1995 – 2000
- Shortlisted 5 years in a row for PR Week Consultancy of the Year, become first Investor in People accredited PR agency.
- Launch BBC News Online, one of the world’s most highly-rated news web sites, and Lastminute.com, one of the few lasting dotcom success stories.
- Champion consumer rights on the internet for the Consumers Association.
- Unveil the world’s smallest mobile phone, the Motorola V.Series, and counter prevailing fears about the millenium bug for IT services giant Fujistu.
- Open Firefly Scotland.
- Client wins include Sage, Cable & Wireless, Novell, Deloitte Consulting, Autonomy, FT.com, Alta Vista, CNN.com, Nomura.
1988 – 1995
- Client wins include Apple, Compaq, Cisco, 3Com, Kyocera, Reuters and IBM Software
- Runner up Best New Consultancy in the PR Week awards, twice
- Win Best Staff Development at PR Week awards and IPR Sword of Excellence award for computer games anti-violence campaign
- Initiate concept of the information superhighway and video-on-demand for Oracle.
- Founded by Claire Walker, CEO. Established and fuelled growth of first clients Oracle and Dell in the UK and Europe